Alumni & Friends
College of Media graduates share a lifelong connection with each other, the College and the University of Illinois. To help keep that connection strong, we offer alumni a variety of programs, awards and networking tools.
Become a fan on our College of Media at Illinois Facebook page to stay in touch, find out about upcoming events, and connect with other College of Media alumni.
Chicago Alumni Board
The mission of the College of Media Alumni Board is to foster contact among alumni and to build meaningful relationships between the College its alumni and students.
- Kevin Passolt '04 ADV, president
- Nicole England '05 ADV, vice president
- Tom Polansek '03 JOURN, treasurer
- Lisa Arnett '03 JOURN, secretary
- Justin Breen '99 JRN
- Kim Brun '93/'94 MS ADV
- Tara Burghart '94 JOURN
- Scott Goldberg ’04 ADV
- Steve Hall '92 MS ADV
- Monica Heckman '05 ADV
- Luke LiManni '06 ADV
- Bruce Miller '90 MS ADV
University of Illinois Alumni Association
The University of Illinois Alumni Association is one of the world’s largest, most diverse alumni communities. As a graduate or current student of the University of Illinois, you are automatically a member of this global family. UI alumni number more than 600,000 worldwide. As a graduate or current student of the College of Media, you are also automatically a member of the College of Media Alumni Association, a UIAA partner organization. Whether you want to keep up with what’s going on in the Illinois family, establish professional contacts or just bleed orange and blue, your University of Illinois Alumni Association offers programs, services, communications, and resources to help you make the connections you choose. Find out more about the UI Alumni Association at www.uiaa.org/urbana.
UIAA Alumni Career Center
Since 1987, the University of Illinois Alumni Association has offered alumni comprehensive employment and career management services through its Alumni Career Center, located in downtown Chicago. Programs and services are available to all U of I graduates.
- Participate in professional development webinars and tele-programs
- Register for the Hire UI Alumni job board and resume posting database, link with professional opportunities at all levels of experience
- Use the Virtual Career Center, a self-paced, comprehensive career planning, job search and career management resource, available 24/7/365
- Register for individual advising services (available for nominal fees)
- Find out more about the UIAA Alumni Career Center at www.uiaa.org/careers.
Illinois Connection: The University of Illinois Advocacy Network
University of Illinois ranks as one of the worldís greatest centers of learning and one of the state is most valuable assets. The UI Alumni Association facilitates a growing network of alumni, students, faculty, staff and friends to tell the "U of I story" and ensure support from the state and federal government.
- Find out how you can make a difference as a vocal advocate for the U of I
- Stay up to date on the latest facts, figures and news
- Get involved in Illinois Connection activities
- Find out more about Illinois Connection at www.supportillinois.org
Alumni and College News Archive
Advancing Excellence is published annually. It contains alumni profiles and the college’s funding priorities.
Advancing Excellence 2013 (PDF)
In the past the College published Alumni News, a 20-page newspaper for alumni, twice a year.
Download past issues:
- Summer/Fall 2008 (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Spring 2008 (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Winter 2008 (PDF, 4.2 MB)
- Winter/Spring 2007 (PDF, 3.1 MB)
[Editor's note: A single issue was produced in 2007.]
- Summer 2006 (PDF, 2 MB)
- Winter 2006 (PDF, 2.7 MB)
Professional Honors and Awards
College of Media alumni have gone on to accomplished careers, and many have distinguished themselves by winning professional awards. Among the awards our graduates have received are the Pulitzer Prize, Peabody Award, Emmy Award and the Clio Award. Take a look at a list of some of our alumni honorees.
Distinguished Alumni Award
The award was created in 2006 to honor alumni of the College of Media who have distinguished themselves in their profession and in service to the College. Read more about the award and Morris R. Beschloss, the first recipient. Read more about the Distinguished Alumni Award.
Official University documents
The University's Office of the Registrar provides the following resources:
For more information about College of Media alumni events and engagement opportunity, please contact:
Assistant Director of Alumni Relations and Development