ADV 399: Media James Scholar Trip
- ADV 399, Honors section - 2 credits
- 2nd 8-week spring 2019 class (Mar. 11- May 1)
- 2:00 - 3:20 PM, Wednesday, 336 Gregory Hall
- Available to Media James Scholars
- Program fee of $2,100 billed to your spring 2019 student account
- Instructor: Steve Hall
In this course, students will explore and examine media practices and brand experiences related to tourism and travel for international destinations or "place brands."
The class will develop knowledge and skills related to how destinations abroad use media, attractions, events, people, history, government, businesses and culture to tell their brand stories and create brand identities in the context of a global tourism marketplace. Experiential learning and immersive activities abroad in Amsterdam and Munich will allow students to gain cultural competencies and global perspectives related to international travel and tourism.
2019 Trip Information
- May 13, Departure group flight arranged by the university | Chicago to Amsterdam
- May 14 - 17, Amsterdam
- Anne Frank House, Van Gogh Museum, Rembrant House, Rijksmuseum, AJAX Stadium, Canal Cruise, Heineken Experience, and much more.
- May 17, Mid-trip flight arranged by the university | Amsterdam to Munich
- May 17 - 21, Munich
- Salzburg day trip, Fussen castle day trip, Dachau Consentration Camp, Mozart house, as well as fortresses, palaces, and cathedrals.
- May 21, Departure flight arranged by students
- $2,100 program fee billed to your spring 2019 student account
- Fee includes: round-trip group flight, a few group meals, access passes, on-site transportation, and hotel
- Fee does not include: transportation to and from O'hare airport, daily meals, passport/visa, and other personal items
Contact Kyle Potthast, Coordinator of Student Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org