Admitted Advertising and CS+Advertising Students
The Charles H. Sandage Department of Advertising will be hosting a variety of sessions designed to help admitted freshmen get to know more about their major, their faculty, and opportunities to get involved upon arriving on campus in August. Sessions will be attended by a variety of faculty members and will be offered throughout the week.
Current session information is reflected in the table below. Please continue to check this page for any changes to meeting times. Zoom meeting information for these events will be sent to students admitted into the advertising department who register for Mediapalooza in the weeks leading up to the event.
SCHEDULE OF ADVERTISING EVENTS
|Wednesday, March 31||Thursday,
What to expect from the ADV major
Beyond the Classroom – Advertising clubs and experiential learning activities
Internships & Careers in Advertising
Departmental Presentation on Innovations in Advertising—Special Topics Courses
The Creative Business
- What to expect from the ADV major
March 29, 5pm:
The Charles H. Sandage Department of Advertising goes beyond skills and theory. We teach students how to ask questions and solve problems to prepare for a thriving career and shape the field. As the first advertising program in the country, we continue to innovate the curriculum. Our students benefit from cross-disciplinary partnerships across campus. In this session, learn more about the classes you can take in the advertising major and meet some of the faculty!
- Beyond the Classroom – Advertising clubs and experiential learning activities
March 30, 5pm:
The Illinois Advertising experience is not limited to the classroom. Learn about extracurricular programs and clubs for students in the Sandage Department of Advertising.
- Internships & Careers in Advertising
March 31, 5pm:
Consistently ranked in the top four advertising programs in the country, the Charles H. Sandage Department of Advertising at the University of Illinois puts students at the front of the line for the toughest, most rewarding jobs in the industry and in the top Ph.D. programs.
- The Creative Business
March 31, 6pm:
Learn how agencies come up with ideas for creative campaigns—process, roles, techniques, and tips. Discuss areas of interest and career paths in advertising.
- Departmental Presentation on Innovations in Advertising—Special Topics Courses
April 1, 4pm
Learn about exciting opportunities in Advertising that prepare students for careers in ad technology, media entrepreneurship, and other innovative initiatives.
- Attend additional virtual events designed for Advertising and CS+Advertising admitted students, which occur outside of Mediapalooza week.
- Watch "The Future of Advertising" session
- Hear why students love the advertising degree at Illinois!
- Watch videos that advertising faculty made to introduce themselves to you!
- Student projects: Look at these real-world advertising campaigns that students created in the program's capstone course The Sandage Project.
- Student organizations: Check out these student-run groups where you can develop your skills while making new friends.